Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Anticipation

It's snowing here in lovely Spokane (aka Spok-a-loo, Spokompton, Spokanistan, just to name a few of our lovely middle-American city's nicknames!). Miss E. is enjoying her day at Ms. Vicki's as Mommy and Daddy continue to work on getting house, home, and finances in order, as well as spending a bit of time Mommy-Daddy together that is in such short supply some days!

Last night we decorated our ginger bread house, which anyone who has done this with a 3 year old can tell you was fun and challenging! If I can figure out how to post pics on here I will put on up soon :)

I found a beautiful picture yesterday which has been made my profile picture on facebook of Joseph and the Blessed Virgin on their journey to Bethlehem, Mary large with child (probably 'radiant' but most of us did NOT feel radiant at that point in our pregnancies!). I can only imagine her anticipation, both in meeting the Son of God face to face, whose kicks and somersaults she had felt for several months, and being done with being pregnant, that beautiful time that all women experience when they have entered the ninth month. Like many things, this most amazing experience was well worth the arduous waiting, and in their case things seemed to get worse before they got better (can't you just imagine- Joseph "Mary, I'm sorry, but Caesar is requiring a census, and we must journey to Bethlehem to do it.' Mary "REALLY?!?! HE HAD TO CHOOSE NOW?!!? DOESN'T HE KNOW I'M WITH CHILD?!?!? JUST CARRYING THE SON OF GOD HERE." Well, she probably didn't say that, but I would have!!). This challenge is a good reminder to us all who going through challenges--for our family, this time of waiting is difficult and at times heartbreaking, but that which we wait for will be a great reward--the chance again at life.

In this Advent season, we join the world in joyful anticipation of the celebration of our Lord's birth--Veni, veni, Emmanuel!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you with the snow! Its raining in Missouri, which is not quite the same when its Christmastime.

    I've just come to appreciate how it must have been brave of Mary to give birth with just a GUY for help. Maybe there were some villagers or a kindly nice old lady to help. But they were strangers. It would be super tough for me to do this task alone as a younger woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Glenda, Alex's Aunt in Missouri and Bethany's mom.
    I confess I have not read your blogg lately but was lead to do so today.
    I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas.
    No snow predicted here for Christmas but that is fine with me. I am not a winter kind of gal.

    I love Chirstmas! It is another reminder of how Love was sent at this special time of year in a little baby. Who doesn't love babies, right?
    I have been reading your updates and am praising God along with you on Alex's porgress.
    Please tell Alex his Uncle David and Aunt Glenda are praying with confidence for God to work in his health.

    ReplyDelete